Music Education Grants:
Guided by the generosity of the Country Music community, the CMA Foundation focuses on improving and sustaining music education programs everywhere while supporting worthwhile causes important to the Country Music Association.
Inspiring a love for music in people around the world through the charitable giving of the Country Music community is our vision. Since its inception, the CMA Foundation has given more than $21 million to organizations enhancing the lives of students through the power of music. Music Education has proven to be an effective and invaluable tool by influencing student’s academic achievement, social development and increased participation in activities.
Without the support of the Country Music community these efforts would not be possible.
The CMA Foundation awards up to $25,000 annually in service grants to non-public service organizations that will have a significant and lasting impact on a group as well as its community. A request needs to demonstrate a visible, apparent and immediate need and be consistent with the Foundation’s mission, to support causes important to the Country Music Association.
The music education grant application is now closed. The service grant application will be open October 1 - October 31, 2018.
CMA Music Teachers of Excellence is part of an intentional effort to support quality teaching in music education throughout the country. Designed to celebrate teaching excellence, the award will recognize up to 30 teachers [10 Metro Nashville Public School Teachers; 10 Teachers from the State of Tennessee; 10 Teachers across the Nation] in a public recognition event and include a cash award of $2,500 FOR THE TEACHER AND AN ADDITIONAL $2,500 FOR EACH TEACHER’S SCHOOL MUSIC PROGRAM.
Funded by the CMA Foundation, the award aims to honor music teachers who are committed to quality teaching and innovative approaches in the classroom. These individuals are constantly going above and beyond to influence and support their communities through music.
When completing the application below, your answers and all supporting materials below should provide a comprehensive overview with clear evidence of each of the following judging criteria:
● Primary learning objectives are clear and relate to standards
● Teacher sets clear and rigorous expectations for all students
● Musical concepts and performance practices are successfully identified and appropriate for the age level of the class or ensemble.
● Teacher demonstrates a high level of musical knowledge and musicianship
● All interactions are positive and encouraging
Student learning and engagement
● Students are responsive and engaged
● Teacher demonstrates exemplary classroom management
● Student learning is assessed and feedback is provided
Positive contribution to school and community culture
● A positive and respectful culture in the classroom is evident
● The teacher and music program affect the entire school culture
● The teacher is a strong and active advocate for music education in their school and community
● The teacher serves as a consistent and positive role model for the community
Continued professional and personal growth
● Participation in professional development opportunities
● Implementation of professional growth
● Leading local, state, or national professional development
The 2019 CMA Foundation Music Teachers of Excellence event will be held on Tuesday, April 30th at Marathon Music Works (1402 Clinton St, Nashville, TN 37203)