Music Education Grants:
Guided by the generosity of the Country Music community, the CMA Foundation focuses on improving and sustaining music education programs everywhere while supporting worthwhile causes important to the Country Music Association.
Inspiring a love for music in people around the world through the charitable giving of the Country Music community is our vision. Since its inception, the CMA Foundation has given more than $25 million to organizations enhancing the lives of students through the power of music. Music Education has proven to be an effective and invaluable tool by influencing student’s academic achievement, social development and increased participation in activities.
Without the support of the Country Music community these efforts would not be possible.
The CMA Foundation awards up to $25,000 annually in service grants to non-public service organizations that will have a significant and lasting impact on a group as well as its community. A request needs to demonstrate a visible, apparent and immediate need and be consistent with the Foundation’s mission, to support causes important to the Country Music Association.
Before you start:
· The CMA Foundation is the non-profit charitable arm of the Country Music Association (CMA) whose mission is shape the next generation through music education. We believe every child should have access and opportunity to participate in a quality program. Our current priority is serving students and teachers in the public education sector by focusing on 5 priorities: Instruments and equipment, professional development, capacity building, youth development, and research and data.
· The CMA Foundation provides funding to organizations exempt from taxation under Section 501 ( c ) ( 3 ) of the Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”), and not a private foundation as described in IRC Section 509 (a). An applicant must be in good standing with its state of corporation and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
· This information is being provided to assist you in completing the CMA Foundation Music Education grant application. All submissions must be completed via the online application system, accessed via *WEBSITE HERE*
· Please review the following items the Foundation will NOT fund grants to support:
o Newsletters, magazines
o Project of churches and religious organizations that primarily benefit their won members (exception: church-based programs with broad community support and separate financial statements)
o Sponsorship of special events of similar fundraising and advertising activities
o Stand-alone books, films, albums or videos
o Legislative lobbying or other political purpose
o Debt retirement
o Other Foundational giving activities
o Capital campaigns
o Private Schools
o Charter Schools
o Music therapy
What we are looking for:
Unfortunately due to the amount of grant applications received, we are not able to fund all requests. The CMA Foundation and its Board of Directors look for the following items when deciding on grant investments for the year:
· Commitment to serving a population in need; Title I; FRLP of 75% +; rural and urban communities in need
· Participation in or with a public school system (outside, after-school programming can apply – but must be communicating with the district in which they reside)
· Offer sequential learning opportunities to students participating in programming
· Provides relevant and desired professional development for music educators or faculty
· Quantitative and qualitative measurements on impact
· A desire to face structural inequities for children, especially children of color
· Sustainable short-term and long-term planning for program and organization
· A track record of fiscal responsibility
Completing the application:
· Applications can be saved and returned to at a later time. Please save your username and password for quick reference as there may be follow up questions sent through the online portal regarding your application
· Some areas of our application are character and space limited; please review this document further for specifications on space allotment
· Responses for ALL questions are required
How to use this document:
· The area shaded in navy is the application page header
· The area shaded in grey is context for the application page (what we’re asking for, and why)
· The column on the left is the question we will ask
· The column on the right is related help
Documents you will be asked to provide:
· Full project budget
· Full operating budget
· Most recent form 990
· Tax Determination Letter
In an effort to make our grant application more equitable for applicants, please contact the CMA Foundation if you’re unable to meet our application requirements.